Thursday, September 9, 2010

Not...quite....in Paraguay

So I know this blog may confuse some of you because it already says I'm in Paraguay. Alas, not yet. In August I moved from Memphis back into my parent's basement in Minnesota. This is where I am until I fly to Miami for "Staging" (aka orientation) on the 28th. The following day, the 29th, is when we leave for Paraguay. It's only 20 days away! I can't believe it!

After I arrive in Paraguay I will spend 3 months as a Peace Corps Trainee. I will live in a village with a host family, study Guarani, learn about the culture, and be trained on all things important to being a crop extension volunteer in Paraguay! During that time I will learn the actual location of where I will be living and then in December I will move there and that is where I will stay for 2 years. So within theses 5 months I will go through a lot of transition. I hope you can keep up!

No comments:

Post a Comment